Digital Identity

A digital identity is an information collection to representing yourself though the website. It consist of personal profile, username and any content you create. It may help verify individuals in a digital environment.

Personal Representing

I am active on social media. Cause I like to post the image or video that I created. And I wanna show the world look like to me though my works. Social media is a good platform to present myself and the value. It provide a environment to let others know you. However, the information collection online are not always be safe. It is should noting that because of the information spreads very quickly, we need to be very cautious in making comments or post to avoid the negative influence . We should also be careful of scam websites. I once had an experience where my WeChat account was hacked. The hacker contacted all my contacts through my account. He fabricated a story that I was in financial difficulty and asked each person to transfer 500 yuan to me. Some of my friends and relatives directly sent me the money without any question. Fortunately, a secondary password is required to get the money out of my account. After this incident, I think people need to pay attention to the legitimacy of the website every time whenever he/she visit an unfamiliar website. Also, don’t upload any identity information that can directly identify you online.

Personal vs. Professional Identity

Professional identity usually used with real name and experiences .Real information is an important indicator to build your social image. There are lots of professional networking social media required resume to value if the person met the requirements. People definitely can separate their personal and professional identity in different social media. This is not a conflict because all the information editor online was people’s choice no matter if it is personal or professional identity.

Prospects

As our internet rapidly develops, we have already achieved online shopping, social networking, resume submission, and remote education. Any data entered online is recorded to some extent. Therefore, in future development, regulating one’s digital literacy is a very important matter. Here is an interesting conversation.